Monday, April 18, 2011

Googles Unique Work Environment

Everybody has heard of Google, and most likely use on a daily basis. I know I use it probably about 10 -15 times a day. One of the reasons Google is so successful is because they have great employees and leaders. Google was rated the number 1 place to work in 2007. The work environment that Google has created keeps employees motivated and excited to work. Google allows employees to eat gourmet food at work, for free. Google provides 4 months of paternal leave with 75% full pay and also offers $500 dollars for take out meals for families with newborns. On site at the Googleplex in Mountainview, California employees have access to gyms, shower facilities, video games, child care, and doctors. Employees are encouraged to be innovative and to take risks.
All of these things allow for Google to be a place where people want to come to work. Employees are motivated to continue to work hard because they realize that most places do not give perks like these. The employees do not want to lose their jobs. These perks would excite me to work at Google.

What kind of perks do you guys look for when searching for jobs?

Posted By: Jacob Cyscon

2 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to work for Google--or any company that has even half of the perks that Google provides. Things that I plan on looking for when I search for a job would be good healthcare and possibly childcare for when I plan on starting a family. This way I will be able to to continue to work even after I have kids.

    Posted by: Jenny Liechti, Team 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perks Google offer are amazing. Paternal leave for four months? That would be absolutely amazing to have help like that and be able to spend those precious first few months with your child. Some things that I plan on looking for are most importantly good healthcare. I want to know that I can go to the doctor, dentist, or even possibly eye doctor and not come away from it broke because my employer doesn't offer healthcare or my provider doesn't cover what I need done. Some sort of childcare would also be nice for when I plan on starting a family, it wouldn't be a deal breaker but it would defiantly be icing on the cake. Also a decent amount of vacation time, and growing vacation time the longer I am with the company to show their appreciation would be nice.

    Posted By: Amy Beagles

    ReplyDelete