Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Communication

In my work experiences there have been plenty of factors that motivated me. Obviously money is a big motivator, especially for a college kid. Another big one for me was always communication. For me this means communicating with managers, other employees, and customers. When working it is imperative for my manager to communicate with me and give me clear direction. When the manager or person in charge takes the time to tell me how to do something it motivates me to want to perform the task as close to his/her instructions as I can. Also the manager needs to tell me when I am doing well or when I am doing bad. If the manager takes the time to tell me that I am doing a good job, it will motivate me to continue to perform at a high level. Then there is the other end of the spectrum, where I am performing poorly and the manager takes the time to tell me I am performing below standards. This will motivate me to perform better so I do not get fired and because frankly it is embarrassing to be told your doing bad. Communicating with other employees is very important as well. The other employees can tell you when your not doing something right or wrong which has obvious motivation factors. The same goes for the customers, in my case I work at a bar so customer feedback is a huge motivator. If I do well my tip will be higher which motivates me to continue working hard. If the tip is low I know that I did not perform well so I need to step up my game. So overall communication is a very important part of my job. Managers need to communicate with all employees in a way to get them motivated and keep them motivated.
Posted By: Jacob Cyscon

No comments:

Post a Comment